Identifying which function or library can achieve complex tasks can be done quickly by looking at the functions. Not all functions are compact and easy, so they are accompanied by simple documentation with real-world examples to make it easier for comprehension and utilization.
jQuery is one of those magical libraries that dramatically simplify programming. It is known for its ease of use and ability to wrap up several standard functions making the task simple. The best feature of this library is its ability to handle complex browser compatibility issues without the developer’s intervention.
Notable features of jQuery:
- Simple syntax like CSS and ease of mastering.
- Versatile with API.
- Simple and expandable with plugins.
- jQuery is a lightweight module.
Data-Driven Documents or D3 can be applied to DOM objects for data manipulation. This library emphasizes web standards while providing modern browser capabilities. D3 is a powerful tool for dynamic and interactive data visualization. D3 encompasses various modules capable of mutating nodes like sorting, adding, or removing nodes, changing text, etc. It is one of the most popularly used JS toolkits today.
What are the significant features of D3.js?
- D3 supports CSS, SVG, and HTML.
- Adopts a data-driven approach for DOM manipulations
- Quick response to dynamic behavior and datasets for interaction and animation
- It has a wider graphical complexity due to reduced overhead.
Learn Software Development Courses online from the World’s top Universities. Earn Executive PG Programs, Advanced Certificate Programs or Masters Programs to fast-track your career.
Prominent features of React.js:
- Makes use of the lifecycle method enabling code execution at specific points during an entity’s lifetime
- Uses a virtual DOM by creating an in-memory cache in a data structure.
- Serves as a base while developing both mobile and web-page applications.
4. Google Polymer:
Features offered by Google Polymer:
- Provides cross-browser compatibility along with the web components
- Supports both one-way and two-way data binding
- Provides command-line interface enabling easy management of complex projects
- Allows creation of reusable widgets.
Notable features of Anime.js:
- It provides browser flexibility and works with a wide range of browsers like firefox, safari, opera, etc.
- Effortless, easy to decipher source code
- Staggering follow-through, overlapping, and other complex animation methods are simplified.
- Layered CSS transformations
The idea behind the creation of this library was to simplify dropdowns, popovers, and other contextual elements’ placement to make it more interactive. Popper provides an easy method to position, arrange, and place these to other site elements with seamless interaction. The library is robust and lightweight, enabling a smooth and effortless behavior.
Notable features of Popper.js:
- Enables tooltip building from scratch
- Seamless integration
- High configurability
- Allows the freezing of reference elements while scrolling through scrolling containers.
What are the notable features of Voca?
- The modular structure enables quick loading.
- Zero dependencies.
- Includes functions like query, manipulate, format, chop, escape strings, etc.
- Used on multiple environments like Rollup, Webpack, Node.js, etc.
It is a utility that gives different functions for typical or routine programming tasks. It provides several useful functions without expanding any built-in objects. You can use the library in both front-end as well as back-end applications. It allows one to map, filter, extend, operate with other functions, and so much more. It decreases the programmer’s routine tasks considerably.
Significant features offered by Underscore.js:
- Uses a functional programming design as opposed to object prototype extensions
- Can manipulate four different datatypes
- Compatible with a variety of browsers
- Contains over 100 functions
Popular Courses & Articles on Software Engineering
Lodash makes working with numbers, arrays, objects, strings, and other programming elements easier. Lodash comprises several modular methods that help iterate objects, arrays, and strings while crafting composite functions and manipulating values. Lodash is a super of Underscore.js. It helps the programmer save time by not coding generic functions.
Notable features of Lodash:
- Helps with code maintainability
- Includes operations on the collection, sequence, and object
- Simplifies common yet time-consuming tasks
- Helps in designing composite functions.
10. Animate On Scroll (AOS):
Noteworthy features of Animate On Scroll (AOS):
- The ability of the library to detect element positions.
- Flexibility to change animations on the viewport.
- Seamless working on different devices.
- Zero dependencies.
- Ability to animate and modify based on-screen position of the element
Exploring as many libraries as possible can help you create user-friendly and effective projects with the most innovative features and elements. The list above is just a start!
upGrad’s Exclusive Software Development Webinar for you –
SAAS Business – What is So Different?
Enhance your career with upGrad’s Executive PG Program in Software Development
Software development is one of the most lucrative career options for young professionals. If you are already in the industry or looking to make a start, you must enroll in upGrad’s Executive PG Program in Software Development. The program teaches you in-demand skills and the ten highest paying coding languages and tools. You can choose from four specializations, including Blockchain Development, Full Stack Development, DevOps, and Cloud Backend Development.
Along with learning top-paying programming languages, you can work on 30+ Case Studies and Projects. World-class faculty members take live lectures and online sessions for the course. Student support is available on a round-the-clock basis.
Apply Now to get admission to the course at the earliest!
What is the difference between frameworks and libraries?
How are libraries and frameworks similar?
The point of commonality between libraries and frameworks is they both use reusable code written by a third person. They aim to help you solve common problems in simplified ways.
Yes, a framework can contain a single library or multiple libraries. A framework consists of these to make your work easier. A library performs specific and well-defined operations. It applies to any kind of framework and any kind of library.