Python has become a popular programming language used by developers all across the globe. Due to its ease of use and versatility, it became one of the top 5 most popularly used languages among developers in 2022.
Full stack web development refers to developing a web application’s front-end and back-end parts. The front end deals with the experience that users have while using an application. On the other hand, the back end deals with the server side. It ensures that the application functions properly and the databases are managed effectively.
A Python full stack web developer possesses a holistic understanding of these infrastructures while proficiently using Python. They should ensure that users enjoy a streamlined experience along a web application’s front-end and back-end infrastructures. A Full Stack Software Development Bootcamp can help learners better understand these concepts.
Although becoming a Python full stack web developer is a rewarding career option, there are a number of challenges associated with it. This blog discusses the Python full stack developer roadmap you must follow to become a full stack web developer.
Understanding Python Full Stack Development
As the name suggests, full stack development encompasses the front-end and back-end infrastructures that complete a web development process.
Front-end development: This is the visible part of a web application or website. The front-end infrastructure deals with the user experience because users interact directly with the front-end part of a website or application.
Back-end development: This is the server-side infrastructure that emphasises how the website works. The back-end infrastructure is developed using languages like Python, Java, PHP, and C++ and many libraries and frameworks.
Importance of Python in Full Stack Development
Python is a popular programming language used for full stack web development. There are a number of advantages why web developers prefer full stack web development with Python. It has a number of modules, frameworks, and libraries that help in the quick and efficient development of web applications. Flash and Django are popular Python frameworks that aid full stack web development.
Since Python is a simple language that can be quickly learned, it is easy for beginners to use. All these features make Python a favourable option for full stack web development.
Check Out upGrad’s Software Development Courses to upskill yourself.
Guide to Becoming a Full Stack Python Developer: Roadmap
We’ll walk you through the Python full stack developer roadmap to help you attain your goal of becoming a full stack Python web developer.
Learn Core Python Concepts
The first milestone in the full stack Python developer roadmap is developing a command over the core fundamentals of Python. If you aspire to become a Python full stack developer, you must first learn how to write and run Python code.
The basics of Python include the following:
- Understanding the data types integers (int), strings (str), floats (float)
- Understanding the data structures in Python, such as lists, tuples, and dictionaries
- Familiarity with conditionals, loops, and functions
- Learning object-oriented programming and the use of external libraries
You can learn the advanced concepts once you have mastered these.
Python Web Frameworks
Web developers also need to be knowledgeable about the different frameworks that help to streamline the process of writing a web application. With the help of these web development frameworks, developers can automate and speed up the web development process.
Python web frameworks are collections of packages or modules that provide a default application structure so that the web applications thus developed are consistent, quick, and easy to maintain.
Some common Python web frameworks are Django, Flask, CherryPy, Anvil, etc. These frameworks ease the development of front-end and back-end infrastructures of web applications.
Read our Popular Articles related to Software Development
|Why Learn to Code? How Learn to Code?||How to Install Specific Version of NPM Package?||Types of Inheritance in C++ What Should You Know?|
Front-End Development with Python
The frameworks are discussed below:
- PyScript: This is an experimental framework that web developers use to write Python codes and run them using an HTML interface. If anyone wants to use Python on the web, PyScript is a great tool. PyScript also helps to make plots with libraries like Matplotlib.
PyScript is preferred by web developers because of its interoperability, framework flexibility, UI development, environment management ability, and support on the browser.
- Anvil: This is another platform that facilitates full stack web development in Python. It uses the drag-and-drop technique for building applications.
Check out our free technology courses to get an edge over the competition.
Explore Our Software Development Free Courses
|Blockchain Technology||React for Beginners||Core Java Basics|
Back-End Development with Python
Python has a number of frameworks that can be used for back-end development. Some of the popular Python frameworks that are used for back-end development are listed below:
- Django: This open-source Python framework is used for making web applications that are simple to use, reliable, flexible, and scalable. This framework follows the MVT architecture. It also follows the DRY, the “don’t repeat yourself principle,” which helps avoid the hassle of repeatedly writing the same code.
This framework is loaded with features and allows developers to deal with the common tasks related to web development, such as content administration, user authentication, RSS feed, and many more.
The web applications you develop using this framework are also likely to be secure because Django lays special emphasis on security. It helps developers avoid cybersecurity threats like SQL injection, clickjacking, cross-site scripting, etc.
- Flask: This Python framework is simple and minimalist in nature. This open-source website is available under a BSD licence. Unlike some other frameworks, Flask does not need the use of libraries. Flash does not have a form validation or user registration.
Flask incorporates the use of MVC architecture. It can work in collaboration with SQLite and Bootstrap and aid in the development of fully-functional web applications. Some of the features of Flask are visual debugging, quick adaptability, RESTful API, etc.
Two other frameworks that deserve mention are CherryPy and Pyramid. Web developers with knowledge of these frameworks can easily use them to build and maintain web applications.
In-Demand Software Development Skills
Working With Databases in Python
Database management is one of the most essential Python full stack developer skills. A full stack web developer should know how to design, manipulate, and decipher database queries.
Python is a high-level programming language that is compatible to function with different database software. Python can be used with some of the most commonly used databases like MySQL, MongoDB, SQLite, and JSON.
- Python MySQL: Python can be integrated with a MySQL database with the help of a Python driver known as Python MySQL Connector.
- Python SQLite: To integrate Python with an SQLite database, developers have to use the Python SQLite3 module.
- Python JSON: JSON is a format that is used for storing data. It also helps to transfer data between the server and the browser. Python has a built-in json module containing all the tools required to work with JSON databases.
This blog gives you a basic idea about how to start your Python full stack web development journey. If you want to upskill, you can opt for an Executive PG Programme in Full Stack Development from IIITB, offered by upGrad
1. What is full stack development, and who is a Python full stack developer?
The term full stack development encompasses a web application's front-end and back-end architectures. A Python full stack developer can work with both architectures and develop web applications using Python programming.
2. What is the ultimate Python full stack developer roadmap?
3. What skills are needed to become a Python full stack developer?
To become a Python full stack developer, one should be knowledgeable about programming languages like HTML, CSS, Python, etc. They should also have good database management skills.