Studying abroad can be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for any candidate to make the most of it and fuel their career towards tremendous growth opportunities. The United States of America is one such location defined as the epicentre of quality education globally. Although studying in the United States can be very expensive, scholarships offer excellent help to cover your expenses to a great extent. We bring you the list of scholarships for international students in USA that may help you to fulfil your dream of getting your higher education degree from the USA.
Our list of scholarships for postgraduate students in India will specifically assist the candidates who aim to attain a scholarship for MS in USA. So, keep reading to explore your options!
Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholarship
Rotary Foundation scholarships are for students who want to bring a change in the world. This scholarship is primarily dedicated to students who contribute to social work. This scholarship encourages students to be invested in social causes and continue their higher education.
Scholarship Amount: The amount may vary between 15,000 USD (12,42,036 INR) to 30,000 USD (24,84,225 INR).
The students have to be involved in any of these social works:
- Improving the sanitation and water accessibility of their area.
- Preventing any conflict and making sure that peace prevails.
- Spreading awareness for literacy and education.
- Proper diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
- Improving awareness about child health and maternal care.
- Educating about community and economic development.
Generation Google Scholarship
Generation Google scholarships for international students in USA are exclusively dedicated to students who want to pursue higher education in computer science. Tech giant Google provides this scholarship, and you can avail of it for studying in the US and Canada.
Scholarship Amount: USD 1000 (82,820 INR) (for the USA)
- Students must possess a strong interest in the diminished computer science topics that need exposure.
- Students should have completed a bachelor’s degree (full-time) or are still pursuing it.
- While finishing the scholarship program, students must be 2nd-year scholars of an acknowledged university or college in an Asia Pacific country.
Learn software engineering courses from the world’s top universities
Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship
The Aga Khan Foundation put forward lean scholarships in USA to students who belong to developing countries and wish to obtain an MS degree in the US. Such students who cannot fund the expenses of their higher studies on their own or are specifically seeking scholarship for MS in USA can only avail themselves of this scholarship opportunity.
An application process has to be followed in order to obtain this scholarship, which follows a pattern where a 50% grant will be provided, and 50% will be based on a loan. The loan amount has to be repaid with a 5% service charge, and the guarantor has to sign the loan agreement. The rewarded student will be given a time of 5 years to pay back the loan amount after the completion of their degree.
Scholarship Amount: The total tuition fees, accommodation, and living costs will be included in the scholarship amount.
- Students must be residents of eligible developing countries, including India.
- Students should be residents of a country where the Aga Khan Education Services, Aga Khan Foundation or Aga Khan Education Board exist.
- Students who are below 30 years of age are preferred.
- Students must possess good academic results.
Explore our Popular Software Engineering Courses
Fulbright Foreign Student Program
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is a scholarship for students who want to study undergraduate and postgraduate research or artistic work in the US. Many US Universities accept this scholarship program for one year or more. It is one of the best scholarships for international students in USA, which one should not miss out on. Educators from more than 55 countries are incorporated in this program which will help the students gain knowledge and experience of working in the US culture.
Scholarship Amount: No specific amount. The grant amount will be decided according to the needs and capabilities of the student.
- Students must have the vision of studying abroad.
- Students must have filled out the FLTA program applications.
- Selection of the students should be based on their interview performance and strong academic background.
In-Demand Software Development Skills
AAUW International Fellowships
This is a ‘women only’ scholarship that the American Association of University Women provides. This scholarship’s sole aim is to promote girls’ education in developing nations. This is one of the best scholarship opportunities for Indian women, as this scholarship is only for non-US citizens.
Scholarship Amount: USD 20,000 (16,39,623 INR) for the first professional course or a master’s degree. Renewal of fellowship in the second year is also offered.
- Students must be non-US citizens.
- Students should have a bachelor’s degree.
- Students should intend to return to the country and build a career.
- Students must be proficient in English and have to submit English transcripts for that. Else, a TOEFL examination should be conducted for them, and the score must not be below 79.
- Students must study or be part of a research program for the whole year. This scholarship does not fund partial-year programs.
S.N. Bose Scholars Student Exchange Program
The aim of the SN Bose Scholars Student Exchange Program is to prepare better upcoming leaders by extending a scholarship for postgraduate students in India. This scholarship program will aid Indian students pursuing higher education in any foreign country.
Scholarship Amount: USD 2000 (1,65,457 INR) as a stipend, along with the total airfare and health insurance.
- Students must be Indian citizens.
- Students should pursue a bachelor’s or a master’s degree in an accredited University.
- Students must pursue the following subjects; computer science, chemical science, computer engineering, mathematics, Earth science or physical science.
Explore Our Software Development Free Courses
|Fundamentals of Cloud Computing
|Data Structures and Algorithms
|React for Beginners
|Core Java Basics
|Node.js for Beginners
Global Study Awards
The Global Study Awards scholarship for MS in USA is founded by the British Council and is very wide in scope. Any national from any country can participate in this scholarship if they want to study undergraduate, postgraduate or PhD programs abroad.
Scholarship Amount: Tuition fees of £10,000 (10,03,749 INR) (USD 12,130.65). If the tuition fee is less than the particular amount, it will fund the living expenses for 52 weeks.
- Students must be above 18 years of age.
- Students must have appeared and scored well on their IELTS test.
- Students must want to enrol in an undergraduate, postgraduate or PhD program abroad.
Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation Scholarships
The Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation Scholarship is exclusively for Indian students who have performed exponentially well in their academics and have the potential to outperform in the future as well. This scholarship does not come in the form of a grant but is a type of loan that the student will have to pay back eventually. The only benefit is that it is an interest-free loan.
Scholarship Amount: INR 20 lakhs (USD 24,176.20).
- Students must be Indian as well as residents of India.
- Students should be below 30 years of age.
- Students must graduate from an acknowledged university or institution. Students who are in their final year of graduation can also apply.
Tata Scholarship at Cornell University
This scholarship is an initiative taken by the TATA group to provide grants to academically competent Indian students for their postgraduate studies in the US. The scholarship covers the total duration of the postgraduate education of the student. On estimate, this scholarship funds 20 students and spends almost 25 million dollars on education every year.
Scholarship Amount: No specific amount. The scholarship amount will be decided per the student’s financial needs and capabilities.
- Students must be citizens of India.
- Students should have finished their schooling and have got acceptance by Cornell University.
- Students must have completed the submission of their College Services Profile that reflects their scores.
Thus, these are the most common scholarship for postgraduate students in India for studying in the US. If you are planning to take up your higher studies in the US, then there is no way you should miss out on these scholarships.
Finding a suitable scholarship is a very tough task involving many criteria. Another important concern that is brimming up in recent times is the concern of cyber security. As everything is available online and digital data is seeking a significant space in the information domain, protecting digital data that may contain sensitive information is becoming indispensable. If you are looking for a suitable cybersecurity course to boost your career, then upGrad’s Caltech CTME Cybersecurity Program is one of the best in the field. The program significantly boosts your career in the high-growth field of cybersecurity. The best part? It does not need programming expertise!
Is the TOEFL and IELTS test necessary to avail of the scholarships?
TOEFL and IELTS test scores are given preference for availing most of the scholarships but are not necessary for all of them. However, as both are language proficiency tests, candidates applying for US colleges must take at least one.
What are the college-specific scholarships for pursuing an MS degree in the US?
The most popular college-specific scholarships that one can avail for studying in the US are as follows: Sushil Jajodia Indian Student Scholarship for the, University of Oregon, Illinois State University Scholarship, New York University Wagner Scholarships, Public Service Scholarship, Dean's scholarship for New York University
How to increase my chances of getting a US scholarship?
You can increase your chances of landing a US scholarship for your MS studies by applying to as many scholarships as possible, extending your documents neat and timely, and curating a crisp essay for college enrollment.