upGrad’s Advanced Certificate in Digital Marketing and Communication is one of the best industry-relevant courses on digital marketing. It has recorded a 42% post-programme salary hike among certificate holders placed in top companies like Flipkart, American Express, Zivame, and Star Plus, to name a few.
In this article, we will take an in-depth look at the Digital Marketing Course Syllabus outlined by upGrad and Mudra Institute of Communications (MICA), Ahmedabad.
Digital Marketing and Communication (1 month)
The digital marketing course syllabus begins with month-long classes focused on the fundamentals of marketing where you are introduced to the basics of marketing and different digital marketing channels. It highlights the integral role customer-centricity plays in understanding the motivations of the customer in the buying process.
You will be familiarised with the customer journey through the purchase funnel and taught to measure key metrics at each stage to define a robust marketing strategy.
The course is designed for:
- Traditional Marketers
- Brand and Communication Managers
- Digital Marketing Executives
- Sales and Marketing Professionals
- Business Executives
The minimum requirement for this course is a bachelor’s degree.
Customized Tracks To Determine Professional Hierarchy (4 months)
The course comprises three customised outcome-oriented tracks designed to build aspiring managers, leaders, and executives of tomorrow. Each track spans four months, and students have the option to choose a specialisation track based on their career goals:
- The Executive track – To provide an in-depth understanding of DM basics and build skills to run campaigns on cutting-edge tools.
- Management track – To optimise SEO, analyse key metrics, and run social media campaigns.
- Leadership track – To build skills that allow you to manage digital campaign calendars and curate SEO and SEM audit reports.
Each track focuses on students being able to design and build a web-owned presence. This includes recognising the visual elements of a site and creating a better landing page for higher conversions.
Blog creation, SEO, SEM, display advertising, social media marketing, email marketing, content marketing, and web analytics form the remaining digital marketing subjects on the executive track.
Students get an in-depth understanding of Google’s search algorithm, which includes crawling, indexing, and ranking. On completion, they can leverage SEO tools like Keyword Planner, Ubersuggest, SeoSitecheckup to plan digital marketing resources. Soft skills such as verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills are also an integral part of the course.
Both the management and leadership tracks highlight the need for an Agency while touching on the key skill sets of digital marketing.
upGrad’s Exclusive Digital Marketing Webinar for you –
Consumer Segmentation from Demographics to Psychographics
Program Curriculum For Specialisation (6 Weeks each)
The Advanced Certificate in Digital Marketing and Communication curriculum comprises four specialisations, each spanning six weeks. Students can choose their preferred specialisation(s) to pursue after completing their 4-month track.
- Branding and communication
- Social media and content marketing
- Marketing analytics
- Marketing communications with a special focus on Public Relations (PR)
Branding and Communication
- Fundamentals of brand positioning: It seeks to evaluate brand attributes from the perspective of a customer and company. Students learn to build a brand design using branding elements and visual cues. They are also taught different techniques of measuring customer-based brand equity and calculating brand positioning with the help of NPS, CES and Perception maps.
- Brand Engagement Strategy: Students learn to build a brand engagement strategy through auditing, which makes use of various frameworks. It includes setting objectives and KPIs to implement a brand engagement strategy. Students are also taught to select different media and channel mix, define budgets and allocate funds. They learn to leverage qualitative and quantitative techniques to optimise brand growth and measure l equity.
- Integrated Marketing Communication: This section focuses on building and maintaining online and offline communities, along with handling media, PR, and managing brand reputation. Students are taught to illustrate helpful things that become apparent during the different stages of the product life cycle. Create an integrated marketing communications strategy for your brand.
- International Branding: It includes identifying branding strategies globally and testing their suitability with respect to different business models. Students also acquire knowledge on consumer behaviour and learn to build brand strategies to respond to evolving market economies.
- Case Study and Tools: There are two projects involved –
- Build engagement strategies and drive engagement among the target audience of a reputed cosmetics company.
- Taking an in-depth look at how Axis Bank is rebranding itself to drive brand visibility amongst young people.
Social Media and Content Marketing
- Deep Dive into Content Creation: As is understood, students learn the art of content creation by understanding the 3 C’s of content creation, namely customers, channel, and content. They are taught to incorporate storytelling in the messaging across the various stages of the consumer funnel. Apart from this, they learn about different strategies used in the content creation process, including auditing and repurposing content.
- Advertising on Social Media: In this section, students become familiar with running ads on social media platforms and learn to identify objectives and factors that can benefit ads. They also learn to leverage performance metrics and optimisation techniques to apply on ad campaigns for platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Quora, etc.
- Community Management: This digital marketing subject revolves around devising strategies for community engagement and understanding what goes behind implementing them and engaging with the community. This could be as simple as writing a welcome message, responding to messages from your community, or running contests, quizzes, etc., to drive engagement. Content moderation techniques are also part of the curriculum where you learn to leverage Facebook, Hootsuite and other automation tools and identify the KPIs that contribute to your analysis.
- Case Study and Tools: There are three projects included –
- Analysing how McGraw Hill leverages content marketing to drive brand awareness.
- Creating community engagement strategies for The Quint and engaging its diverse audience.
- Get skilled in tools like Hootsuite and Canvas to leverage on social media platforms.
- Marketing Data Identification and Collection: Here, students learn to leverage marketing tools provided by Google to achieve marketing goals. From executing end-to-end campaigns with the help of Google Analytics to leveraging other analytics tools, students learn to determine the best tool to be used for user acquisition channels. Students are also taught to use behaviour analytics software and engage with customers by personalising communications according to their behaviour.
- Marketing Data integration and EDA: This is targeted at providing basic knowledge of databases and SQL to aid marketing analytics. Students are taught the art of storytelling using visual elements, which are believed to be most effective in communicating observations to the right audience. In addition to this, they acquire an understanding of the central tendency matrix, hypothesis testing and A/B testing, which are crucial in rigorous data analysis.
- Predictive Analytics and Decision-making: This involves working on predictive analytical techniques to optimise channel spends and identify top-performing channels. This means implementing marketing mix modelling with the help of regression analysis. Apart from this, students acquire knowledge of data-based segmentation techniques like RFM analysis and clustering analysis. They help in target segmentation to devise high-quality marketing strategies. Students also learn about propensity models, which help in behaviour prediction among customers.
- Case Study and Tools: There are two projects included –
- Deep dive into customer segmentation under the guidance of a Google expert.
- Learn to leverage tools like Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Branch.io, Clever Tap, SQL, XLStat, Excel Data Analysis Toolpak, and so on.
Best Digital Marketing Courses Online
Advanced Certificate in Brand Communication Management - MICA
Advanced Certificate in Digital Marketing and Communication - MICA
Performance Marketing Bootcamp - Google Ads from upGrad
To Explore all our courses, visit our page below.
Digital Marketing Courses
Marketing Communications with Focus on Public Relations (PR)
1. Campaign Planning: It focuses on situation analysis, determining communication objectives and target audience to build a buyer persona. It also involves identifying the unique selling proposition for your communications.
- Key Outcomes:
- Get comprehensive knowledge of the steps that go behind developing marketing communications campaigns.
- Be able to create a buyer persona by analysing the situation and developing communication objectives.
In-demand Digital Marketing Skills
2. Developing Creative Communications: It includes creativity and idea generation and upholding customer-centric communication. Students are required to write creative briefs, learn proposal writing, and leverage communication tools.
- Key Outcomes:
- Implement different techniques for idea generation.
- Write proposals and briefs creatively.
- Identify communication channels for the distribution of your content.
3. Public Relations: It includes developing and maintaining relationships with media and fostering influencer and analyst relationships. Students are also taught online reputation management and crisis management, which is an essential skill for entrepreneurs and business owners.
- Key Outcomes
- Students can build profitable relationships with the media, influencers, and analysts.
- They can manage online reputation across different social media channels and respond efficiently to crises.
If you would like to know more about upGrad’s Advanced Certificate in Digital Marketing and Communication, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our career counsellors will get in touch with you to help you with any questions you might have
If not from MICA upGrad has also partnered with IIT-Delhi and provide a Certification course in Digital Marketing.
Digital Marketing Free courses to Learn
Average Fees for Digital Marketing Courses
|Courses||Average Fees (First Year)|
|MBA in Digital Marketing||INR 3 – 20 lakhs|
|UG programs in Digital Marketing||INR 50,000 – 20,00,000|
|PG Certificate in Digital Marketing||INR 20,000 – 1, 00, 000|
Opportunities in Digital Marketing
Technology has created new opportunities for marketers with the digital revolution. We still sell the same things, but how we sell them has changed.
Traditional marketing has given way to digital marketing, which has opened new openings for various businesses and aspiring digital marketers.
People interested in studying digital marketing are now comparing and assessing the numerous digital marketing course syllabus for beginners given by the various digital marketing colleges as the world around them undergoes a digital transformation both domestically and internationally.
One of the most essential strategies for expanding a company, organization, brand, business, or other entities has emerged via the use of various tools and approaches in digital marketing.
Almost every sector has started using digital marketing strategies to increase its digital footprint, including media and entertainment, banking, content marketing, and companies.
Digital marketing is a broad field that covers a wide range of academic courses and subjects. Search Engine Optimization( SEO), Website Creation, Content Strategy, and other applicable subjects are generally tutored at all levels of the Digital Marketing subject syllabus.
Today, many businesses anticipate the explosive growth of digital marketing over the next five years. To advance your profession, learn about digital marketing and start using it.
Benefits of taking Digital Marketing Courses
The following are the main benefits of following the digital marketing courses syllabus:
- Develop your management skills for digital marketing businesses.
- Understand the digital marketing dos and don’ts.
- Learn how to cut marketing costs by enrolling in digital marketing.
- Learn how to use digital marketing to reach global followership.
- Learn how to work as a freelancer or look for work-from-home openings.
- Develop your management skills for digital marketing businesses.
- Make an impression on recruiters by making your CV stand out.
- While you can learn digital marketing skills from any educational institution, it’s also crucial to understand how to use such talents and abilities in practical settings.
Popular Digital Marketing Blogs
Because of the psychological effects it has on your customers, the significance and potential of digital marketing cannot be overlooked. Digital marketing gives you an edge over your competitors compared to other marketing strategies. This encourages interaction between vendors and buyers to understand items and customer preferences better.
Why should one consider opting for a course in digital marketing?
According to statistics provided by Digital Advertising in India 2021, digital advertising grew by approximately 15.3 percent in the year 2020. The pandemic among many other factors have accelerated the pace of adoption of digital mediums for advertising and this number is only set to grow in the future. If you are keen to be a part of this revolution, opting for a course in digital marketing can go a long way in brushing up the technical and soft skills required to set you up for success in the industry.
What points should freshers consider while opting for a course in digital marketing?
If you are a student or a fresher looking to foray into the world of digital marketing, opting for a basic course in digital marketing and communication might be the best option. This course begins from the basics right from the basics of digital marketing, how to design and execute a watertight marketing strategy, the customer journey through the purchase funnel and how to measure and track different important metrics with the help of different tools.
What are the course contents of digital marketing courses for executives?
Digital marketing courses at the managerial level are usually classified into different categories based on their interests. The main objective of each of these programs is to enable students to build better optimized websites that help in ensuring conversions. The contents of the course include: building better quality websites, a better understanding of search algorithms and hands-on experience on different tracking tools.