A proverb you will hear often is “First impressions are the last impressions”. It may not be true in the long run, but first impressions do convince a user to interact, especially with a website. The look and feel of the website can intrigue the user who will want to explore further, and that is why the front-end of a website requires unparalleled attention to detail. One technology that designers use to fire-up their front-end design is Angular.
Check out our free courses to get an edge over the competition.
What is Angular?
Angular is maintained by Google and has clear advantages while also providing a standard structure for developers on a team to work with. It enables users to develop large applications in a maintainable manner.
Some salient features of Angular:
- It enables users to build components that pack functionality and render logic into reusable pieces.
- Data Binding
- Dependency Injection
- It helps users to write modular services, which improves their testability and reusability.
Tests are wonderful tools. Angular has been built with testability in mind. One shall have the ability to test all parts of their application.
Advantages of Angular
Angular is a popular open-source web application framework maintained by Google. It offers several advantages that make it a powerful choice for building dynamic and responsive web applications:
- Modularity: Angular’s component-based structure simplifies complex app management.
- TypeScript: Enhanced by TypeScript, improving code quality and productivity.
- Two-Way Binding: Automatic UI and data synchronization streamline development.
- Dependency Injection: Powerful system for managing and testing app components.
- CLI (Command Line Interface): Automates setup, testing, and deployment tasks.
- UI Components: Extensive set of pre-built components for quick integration.
- Cross-Platform: Develop web, mobile, and desktop apps using Angular.
- Community: Thriving developer community provides resources and support.
- Performance: AOT compilation, lazy loading, and optimization enhance speed.
- Testing & Debugging: Built-in tools for effective testing and debugging.
- Accessibility: Focus on creating accessible apps for diverse users.
- Security: Inbuilt security practices ensure application safety.
Check Out upGrad Java Bootcamp
Who is an Angular Developer?
As the name suggests, an Angular Developer is an expert in Angular technology. The individual has to know HTML and CSS, but it is their extensive knowledge of HTML vocabulary through the Angular library that gives them an edge over their counterparts. The edge also has an impact on the final salaries.
Angular developers are expected to develop and design user interfaces using the AngularJS framework. One of the main Angular developer responsibilities is working closely with web developers and backend engineers and creating high-performing and interactive web applications.
What is Angular Developer? The responsibilities of an Angular developer encompass a wide range of tasks, including developing application features, optimizing code for performance, and integrating front-end functionalities with backend services through APIs. They’re adept at writing and executing tests to ensure the reliability and quality of their code, while also possessing the skills to diagnose and troubleshoot issues using debugging tools.
Collaboration is key, as Angular developers work in tandem with cross-functional teams, including UI/UX designers and backend developers, to harmonize the various elements of application development. Angular developer means commitment to staying informed about the latest Angular updates and industry best practices underscores their dedication to continuous learning and improvement.
Check Out upGrad Full Stack Development Bootcamp (JS/MERN)
Skills of Angular Developer
Angular developer skills include the following:
- Angular Framework: A deep understanding of Angular concepts, architecture, and best practices for building components, modules, services, and directives.
- TypeScript: Proficiency in TypeScript, including features like static typing, interfaces, and decorators, which are integral to Angular development.
- HTML and CSS: Strong knowledge of HTML for structuring web pages and CSS for styling Angular components and layouts.
- Component-Based Architecture: Ability to design and implement modular, reusable components that promote maintainability and scalability.
- Data Binding: Understanding of two-way data binding, property binding, event binding, and interpolation to manage data flow between components and the UI.
- Routing: Proficiency in setting up and managing routes using Angular’s built-in router to enable navigation within the application.
- Dependency Injection: Skill in utilizing Angular’s dependency injection system for managing and sharing dependencies between components and services.
- State Management: Familiarity with state management techniques, including using services, observables, and NgRx (if applicable) for managing application state.
- Angular CLI: Experience with Angular CLI for creating projects, generating components, services, and modules, and automating development tasks.
- Unit and E2E Testing: Knowledge of testing frameworks like Jasmine and Protractor to write unit tests and end-to-end tests for Angular applications.
- Debugging Tools: Proficiency in using browser development tools and Angular-specific debugging tools to diagnose and fix issues.
- Performance Optimization: Skills in optimizing application performance through techniques such as AOT compilation, lazy loading, and change detection strategies.
- Version Control/Git: Familiarity with version control systems like Git for collaborative development and code management.
Angular Developer Salary in India
With the recent advancements in the technological field and increasing, gritty competition between different tech giants, every company wants to have a well organized and optimized web application. Every new idea, new design needs a way to be presented properly, and Angular provides that way. But, front-end designers, as has been established, should have in-depth knowledge of Angular. Here, let us start by looking at the demand for Angular Developers.
Explore our Popular Software Engineering Courses
upGrad’s Exclusive Software and Tech Webinar for you –
SAAS Business – What is So Different?
The Demand for Angular Developers
The demand for front-end developers with knowledge about Angular is high because of the high scalability of the framework. So, having the right skillsets can land you that job that you have always been seeking.
Recent statistics show that the employment outlook for Angular developers predicts growth of approximately 31% between 2016 and 2026. Incidentally, Angular released its latest iteration, version 10, in 2020.
A quick look at the search for Angular Developers in India on LinkedIn
There are more than 5700 job offers available, and if you see the image carefully, you can see that the demand crosses companies and locations.
Since Angular developer works on the front-end part, looking at the salary of front-end developers can give you an idea about how much you will be paid in this field.
The Average Salary of the Angular Developer
According to Glassdoor, the average base pay of an Angular Developer is more than INR 460,000 per year in India.
But, this is no way indicates the final pay that an individual will get. The final salary is dependent on three prominent factors:
- Location – Currently, location greatly impacts the final salary that you will get. Developers can get higher salaries in bigger cities like Mumbai which is the financial capital of India,
- Experience – It is a given that the more experience a person has in the field, the higher will be their salary. The experience showcases an individual’s ability to work under pressure and deliver as per expectations.
- Company – Bigger brands, who want to create a lasting impression on their users will pay a higher salary in comparison to smaller companies and brands.
Angular Developer Salary: Based on Location
Location is one of the major factors that affect the salary an individual gets. Here, we have captured the different salaries based on three prominent locations in India.
According to Payscale, the IT hub of India, Bangalore offers a median salary of Rs. 540,000 per year, which is higher than the average salary overall. The salary also includes the bonus and profit-sharing.
For service-based establishments such as Tech Mahindra, TCS, Wipro, Infosys, CTS, etc, it would be 8 LPA to 10 LPA.
For start-ups and product major institutions, it could be extended to 16LPA.
For small companies, it is like 2 to 6LPA.
Some of the most in-demand Angular Developer jobs in Bangalore are:
- Lead Web Developer
- Lead Salesforce Developer
- Lead Fullstack Developer
- Lead Dotnet Developer
- Lead Background Developer
- Lead Backend Developer
- Lead Java Developer, Salesforce
- Lead Scalo Developer
The capital city of Delhi, on the other hand, falls in the same range as the average salary overall. The bonus is included in the salary. An Angular Developer working in Delhi will usually earn around 335,800 INR per annum, which can range from the lowest average salary – about 161,300 INR to the highest average salary – 528,500 INR, which can vary based on experience, educational qualifications, and company policies. The in-demand jobs for Angular Developers in Delhi are the same as in Bangalore.
The city that has become the hub for IT in the last decade offers salaries a little higher than the average salary. Salaries in the city are inclusive of bonuses and profit-sharing. The in-demand jobs for Angular Developers in Hyderabad are the same as that in Bangalore.
Though Pune is considered the hub for IT, manufacturing and other companies, its salary package falls slightly below the average. However, the profit-sharing offered by companies in Pune is much higher in comparison to other cities. This points to the start-up culture, where you can join a company with the potential to grow into something larger than life. The in-demand Angular Developer jobs in Pune are the same as in Bangalore.
The average salary of an Angular Developer in Kolkata ranges from ₹ 2.1 Lakhs to ₹ 6.9 Lakhs, with an average annual salary of ₹ 3.8 Lakhs.
The salary of an Angular Developer in Chennai ranges from ₹ 1.8 Lakhs to ₹ 7.5 Lakhs. The average annual salary is ₹ 4.0 Lakhs. The estimates are based on 137 received salaries from Angular Developers.
Angular Developer Salary: Based on Experience
A person with experience will always get a higher salary in comparison to a person with little or no experience. In this industry also experience will have a direct impact on the salary you can expect. A person with little or no experience may start at approximately INR 3,00,000 per year, but as they learn and grow, their salaries will also keep increasing.
With one to four years of experience under their belt, you can easily earn an average salary of around INR 4,50,000 per annum. A person who is constantly learning on the job can easily get around INR 8,50,000 within five to nine years of experience. The kind of salary growth is not seen often, and it highlights the importance and demand for experienced, front-end developers.
More than nine years means that the person is now mastered the art and science of front-end design. They can negotiate salaries in the range of INR 1,500,000 to INR 2,000,000. However, do remember, such a high salary demands that you are constantly upgrading your skills and keeping pace with the latest technologies in the market.
This is the data from Payscale for front-end developers according to their experience.
Angular Developer Salary: Based on Company
Brands and well-established companies will never comprise on the front-end design. They will want to position themselves as unique and create UIs that are interactive, fun, and draw in the user. Hence, you can expect companies like Microsoft, Tata, L&T to offer higher salaries. Even product-based e-commerce sites like Amazon will offer higher salaries.
As has been mentioned multiple times, the best combination of location, company and experience is required to negotiate for the highest salary possible.
Major Roles and Responsibilities of Angular Developers
As Angular is a front-end framework, Angular Developers work on creating interactive, dynamic, and scalable applications for the users. However, the front-end is how the user interacts with a service. The business logic of an application lies on the server, on the back end.
Your role may range from developing product analysis tasks, taking crucial and complex design decisions to deliver a complete front-end application, and conducting a performance test. You will work with the back-end developers to integrate the front-end logic and integrate data from various back-services and servers. Developing an Angular application can range from simple portfolio websites to building large scale, native applications.
Also remember, technologies change and evolve overnight. You may wake up to find that everything that you have been practicing is now outdated. And Angular is a pretty good example to demonstrate this. When Angular was initially announced with version 1.xx, it was called AngularJS in 2010 as it was based on Java Script.
But when Angular 2 came out in 2016, there was a substantial change and the JS was dropped from the name itself. Since then, the technology has been updated regularly, but the core principle has remained the same. It currently stands at Angular 9.
Also, Angular has a steep learning curve. When you’re just getting started, things might seem a little out of place now. But, with diligence, you can master the tool. You always need to be on your toes and ready to learn new things as fast as possible if you want to be recognized as an expert.
In-Demand Software Development Skills
What you need to be successful?
The basics that you need to know to be a successful Angular Developer are :
- NPM ( Node Primary Manager)
- Angular CLI
- HTML + CSS
- For starters, every web development related job requires a good understanding of how the web works – this includes HTTP, requests, architecture, and more.
- Good knowledge about Angular, preferably the latest version, is essential. You should know how the different pieces work and how they are put together to make a complete app.
- Build knowledge and expertise on UI elements of Angular like the Angular Material that will make integrating design elements into your application much easier.
- Gain knowledge about other key UI frameworks out there like Rellax JS, Cyle.js, Svelte to make your development process easier.
What are the recruiters looking for?
- You should have a working knowledge with the below Technologies:
- Exposure to AWS or Cloud or IoT or Data Analytics.
- Exposure to Web Development and Mobile applications
- Adaptability and Flexibility with a change in technologies
- Focus on Quality Orientation.
- Readiness to work in SAFe framework
This is the requirement list given by Siemens Technology in India for the Angular Developer role.
Now you know what some of the best companies are looking for. So, if you think you don’t have any of the above-stated skills, it is time to start learning and upgrading your skills.
Resources and Community
One of the reasons why Angular has grown so vastly throughout its existence is its great community support. Angular is an open-source framework and was built at Google, and therefore has an exceptionally large community and contributors. A simple Github search can lead you to a thousand public repositories where developers contribute, collaborate, and learn.
When you are getting started with Angular and are stuck with an issue, a simple google search can land you on several stack exchange posts. The possibility that someone has already encountered the issue you are facing now is high. You are more than likely to find the solution.
Is Angular in demand in India?
To answer why is Angular in demand, for a decade, Angular has been one of the best frameworks for web development, front-end creation, client-side web applications, and more. According to a 2019 StackOverflow survey, 30.7% of software engineers adopt both AngularJS and the new version of Angular 2+. The demand for Angular developers is determined by the number of companies that regularly use Angular, for example, GitHub (forum), Google About, Forbes, Indiegogo, BMW, Deutsche Bank Developer Portal, Crunchbase, and many more, that use Angular to build web apps, pages, forums, fundraising platforms crowdfunding, markets, etc.
Why is there a huge demand for AngularJS developers in 2022?
- These experts have to carry out the project from beginning to end.
- The applications created with Angular have wonderful UI experiences.
- Because the developers have TypeScript (TS) expertise, they can build bigger applications with fewer errors.
- Responsible for coding according to business needs and ensuring the apps’ smooth running.
Angular vs Others
Off the many that exist, three are most widely used – Angular, ReacJS, and VueJS – and more often than not, it is these three that you will find yourself choosing from.
Let’s see how they compare to each other.
As mentioned above, Angular has a steep learning curve, since it is considered a complete solution. However, the time and effort spent on mastering the workings of front-end technology will pay in the long run.
React was developed by Facebook in 2013, and its advanced features require the use of third-party libraries. Vue is the youngest of the three. It is lightweight and offers higher customizability but has shortcomings in terms of code management and debugging.
The image shows the Google trend’s popularity of the three frameworks. Clearly, you can see that React is trending more than the other two, with Vue and Angular switching places occasionally.
The above is the worldwide result, though. If you look at the data from India, it is a completely different picture. Angular is considerably ahead of React while Vue lags behind the two significantly.
While React is a library, Angular is a full-fledged framework. React equips virtual DOM and one-way data binding. Whereas Angular equips real DOM and two-way data binding. There’s also a difference in speed and a difference in bundle size.
Now, taking a look at the number of stars on the GitHub projects of the three, Angular lags behind. But wait till you see the next chart before making your decision.
In the end, what matters is jobs. And clearly Angular is leading the job market right now according to the top recruiting websites. React has almost equal demand while Vue isn’t sought after that much.
So, this should give you a basic idea about the three trending front-end frameworks and let you decide which one you want to choose based on the above factors. But remember, you are not bound to only one of these. You can learn all three and use different functionalities to meet the demands of your design.
Also Read: Web Designer Salary in India
Learn Software Engineering Courses online from the World’s top Universities. Earn Executive PG Programs, Advanced Certificate Programs, or Masters Programs to fast-track your career.
Read our Popular Articles related to Software Development
|Why Learn to Code? How Learn to Code?||How to Install Specific Version of NPM Package?||Types of Inheritance in C++ What Should You Know?|
Web development is a vast field. With more people than ever-shifting online for day-to-day activities like education, shopping, working, banking, consulting, and more, the demand for versatile front-end developers is set to grow. It is important to be aware of the Angular Developer Salary in India, along with the future scope of work, before you start on this path.
If you’re interested to learn more about full-stack software development, check out upGrad & IIIT-B’s Executive PG Program in Full-stack Software Development which is designed for working professionals and offers 500+ hours of rigorous training, 9+ projects, and assignments, IIIT-B Alumni status, practical hands-on capstone projects & job assistance with top firms.
What is Angular?
Angular is a complete structural framework for dynamic web apps. Angular is a structural framework for dynamic web apps. It lets you use HTML as your template language and lets you extend HTML's syntax to express your application's components clearly and succinctly. Angular's data binding and dependency injection eliminate much of the code you would otherwise have to write. And it all happens within the browser, making it an ideal partner with any server technology. It is a web application framework maintained by Google and by a community of individual developers and corporations to address many of the challenges encountered in developing single-page applications. AngularJS lets you extend HTML vocabulary for your application. The resulting environment is extraordinarily expressive, readable, and quick to develop.
What are the differences between Angular and React?
What is the average salary of an Angular developer?
AngularJS developers are very common in the US, in fact, most of the companies that use AngularJS, use it for enterprise apps or for high-end products. AngularJS developers are common in high-tech companies, but AngularJS developers in average make $120,000 to $140,000 per year. However, experienced developers and engineers can get a higher salary. If you can work with AngularJS, then IT developers and engineers recommend that you work with AngularJS, because it is the most popular JS framework. If you are negotiating a higher salary, then consider AngularJS as your specialization. Some companies that commonly use AngularJS are PayPal, Verisign, eBay, Intuit, etc.